Sunday, March 06, 2011

Does this thing work?

I decide, after considerable time away, to trot the ole blog out again. I had an experience to share and you can decide whether it is worth the effort. I have a pot on the stove so this is only going to go until the timer goes off.


I went out to a concert last night. It's an annual event I go to with my daughter(s). I am able to make a number of comparisons having done this over a period of years:

1. The performer, Marc Broussard, has grown as an entertainer over the five or so years we've been listening to him. His recordings don't do him justice. He is really good live. He's become more confortable on stage, evidence by less crotch-grabbing than the first time we saw him.


2. The quality of his opening acts, and I think indie performers in general, are getting much better. The opening act, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, were entertaining, especially the "wife" who seemed really happy to be there. She was adorable!


3. I had intended to "treat" my daughter and her friend, so the friend's cry, "Oh no! I left my ATM card at home," was unnecessary.

4. When in doubt, tip well.

5. Despite enjoying live music I have no patience for being in semi-large crowd with a bunch of people in varying states of mind. What may have been charming to some were obnoxious to me. I really didn't need to see the guy in front of me licking his date's face.

6. Being out until 2:00 a.m. is NOT for me. I'm cranky. I've taken three naps today. I'm glad that it is rainy. I need to rethink whether I'll be ready for this in April.

Timer went off. Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home