Thursday, May 17, 2007

GUNS don't kill people...

...babies kill people. Let's hear it for creative parenting! This is one kid who won't come home crying about being bullied.
"Ludwig, 30, of Chicago, applied for the card after his own father bought Bubba a 12-gauge Beretta shotgun as a gift. The weapon will probably be kept at Ludwig's father's house until the boy is at least 14."
I'm glad some common sense has prevailed and "the weapon will probably be kept at Ludwig's father's house until the boy is at least 14." Probably? I'm not feeling quite comforted by "probably." How about that Grandpa? And to think I got pissed because my mom put sugar sprinkles on my kid's ice cream. What was I thinking?


In the other half of the Carolina's this is how they address issues.
"We're not talking about kids. We're talking about responsible adults."
Actually, since the legislation includes elementary school, uh, yeah, we're talking about kids.

Now before you go getting all second amendment on me, I will disclose that I am anti-gun, not just for moral or legal reasons but because I am absolutely terrified of guns. I grew up in a military family with a father who was a hunter. Guns were all over the house, stored responsibly. My brother and I attended an NRA-sponsored gun safety class. Still, I'm absolutely scared to death (no pun intended) of them. So? You might say. Just because you're afraid of guns, NOBODY should own guns. I would love a peaceful world where there are no guns, no bombs, no drunk drivers, no hunger, no homelessness, etc... It's not realistic, I understand. But I can hope.

What's wrong with that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Jones said...

When my son was growing up I bought him lots of guns but every one of them came with a trigger lock and only his grandfather and I were allowed to have the keys.

h no you've been tagged!

May 22, 2007 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home