Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Discovering the English Language

I am always interested in learning the latest theories in language and writing. I guess I need a lot more education because I can not seem to get some things right.

For example, I thought, "No Parking, Fire Lane" painted on a curb meant that you couldn't park there. The area is reserved in case there is an emergency and fire truck is called.

Apparently I'm wrong.

APPARENTLY it means, "I'm just running in for a few things and besides I'm special and I drive a Mercedes so I'm better than you and can park wherever I want because the rules don't apply to me, and why are you looking at me like that, bitch!"

Who knew?

2 Comments:

Blogger Roch101 said...

What a coincidence. I kept looking for the sign at the Harris Teeter the other day that said:

"Parking allowed on sidewalk because I'm just running in for a few minutes, besides I'm special because I drive a Chevy Behemoth and with gas at only $2.59 I can afford to leave it running so my i-pod cocooned son can keep his lazy ass comfortably entrenched and I know you won't mind walking around us into the rain puddled parking lot so stop looking at me like that, jerk!"

July 08, 2009 8:41 AM  
Blogger Roch101 said...

But hey, technically, she wasn't in the fire lane.

July 08, 2009 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home