Monday, September 18, 2006

Damn you, Billy Jones!

I hate memes. I hate chain emails. You know the ones that promise your dreams will come true if you make a wish and send the email forward to 10 people? Yeah, those. I hate them.

What, exactly, is a meme? Is it shameless self-promotion? Me! Me!

The only reason I'm doing this, the ONLY reason, is because I was tagged by Billy-the-friggin-Blogging Poet. I know why he sent it to me. I deleted my previous blog (lost ALL the archives in the process and damn I wish I had some of that back), and have only toyed with the new one. I'm at a place where I need to decide whether to blog or not. You know, fish or cut bait...etc. So, this was Billy's way of helping me think it through. I'm doing this only because of my respect and friendship with Billy, which I will appreciate more once I get over HATING Billy for sending me this freakin' meme!

1: Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
Nope, but I'm technologically incapable of anything better.

2: Does your family know about your blog?
They knew about the first one. Bundle of Joy #1 read it. Bundle #2 refused because I used the expression "blow job" once and he freaked. Which brings me to another issue. Is blow job hypenated? Is it blow job? Or blow-job? Or is it one word? Blowjob?

3: Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
Once it's on the internet, it's no longer a private thing, boys and girls.

4: Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? or you try to discover new blogs?
Comment on my blog once and you're a friend, or enemy, for life. I have the regulars that I read, then when I have time, I love to explore. There is a lot of really great stuff. There's also a whole lot of crap.

5: Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.
Okay, I'll be serious for a moment. When I started my blog several years ago, I was at a low point in my life. It was a wonderful outlet for me. I was/am grateful for the positive feedback at a time when not much was positive. My life is really good right now which has stifled the creative process for me.

6: What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?
I use Site Meter. I LIVE in the hope that I'll go on my site and find out Fecund Stench read my blog.

7: Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?
Only naked. It keeps me from getting nervous.

8: Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
"You mean besides building communities, exposing crooked politicians, raising much needed capitol for worthy causes, pushing the traditional media to take on higher standards, promoting unknown talent, and making new friends... Naw, it's just a bunch of BS, that's all." -- Billy Jones

Yeah, what Billy said.


9: Do you think that the Blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
Here in this community it has become an integral part of the political/social scene.

10: Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
They don't scare me. They piss me off. I avoid them only if my blood pressure is particularly high that day. There are lots of ways to die. On a beach with Tommy Lee. Hot air ballooning with Brad Pit. Stroking out while reading the Chairman is not how I want to die.

11: Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all.

12: Have you ever thought about what happen to your blog in case you died?
Well, I hadn't! Thanks a lot, buzz-killer.

13: Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
Only one? Lex. Ed. David. Roch. Sue. Ben. Chewie.

14: Which blogger you think is the most similar to you?
Most bloggers have higher standards. I wish I could be as good as Mimi. But alas, I'm not.

15: Name a song you want to listen to.
What? I don't know! What does that have to do with blogging? Okay, right now I'm listening a lot to these guys. SHUT UP LEX. YOU TOO, TONY!

16: Ask five bloggers to answer these question on their blogs.
Okay, I'm fixin' to piss off some of my favorite people. Sorry guys, not MY fault. Billy made me do it.

Herb and Susan
Chewie
The Shu
PEakes
Hot Stuff!

Damn Billy, that was hard. I can't afford to piss off five people! I don't have that many friends!

6 Comments:

Blogger Billy Jones said...

Hey Kid, Had it been anyone other than Professor Katy who picked me I might have ignored it but fact is I thought there was some value to this particular meme. Thanks for playing along.

As for blow-job or blow job... Well that would depend on whether one is getting or giving. ;-)

September 18, 2006 7:52 PM  
Blogger Chewie said...

pickmepickmepickmepickme -- YaY! You picked me! I'll get to it tomorrow (repeat in infinite loop)... nah, just kidding, I'll really get to it tomorrow ... tomorrow ... tomorrow ...

September 18, 2006 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God, Ma'am, I had no idea.

BTW, I get the joke.

I am everywhere and yet, not here.

You have gotten me where I live and I shall never forget you for this.

I am adding you to my blogroll this instant. It was not an omission of malice. I catch you on GSO101.

Please keep blogging.

September 18, 2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger jw said...

"I am everywhere and yet, not here."

Fec --

Just like God!

September 19, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Christspeak Rx said...

If you saw me naked, you'd never look at a man the same way again...

September 20, 2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Gabe Dixon Band? Never heard of 'em. But they wook all widdew and cute on their website.

September 23, 2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home