Monday, September 25, 2006

The end of an era

There are no words to express the loss. For me. For Sandy. For Greensboro. Most certainly for her family.

Edie Jones.

She was the heart of Southwest Greensboro. Of District 5. Expert campaigner. Confidant. Mentor.

I will write more later. When I can. Because there are so many stories to tell, most of them funny.

I am lucky. I have had some really special people in my life. Of course there are the usual suspects. You know. Mother, father, siblings, husband, kids. But besides those, I have been lucky to have been influenced by some wonderful people. John Kernodle, whom we lost in 1995. And now Edie.

Election night will never be the same for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Ovittore said...

Sorry for your loss, JW.

October 01, 2006 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home