Thursday, June 12, 2008

But then the really important stuff reminds us...

... how frivolous many of our "priorities" are. Last night Top Chef was a big deal to me. Halfway across the country a bigger deal was happening.

I said in a previous post that one of the things that intrigued me about Top Chef was having a personal connection to the finale site.

I have a personal connection to this tragedy. In the 70's, my husband was an employee of the Mid-America Council of Boy Scouts. His district included parts of Iowa, including the camp location. Lloyd Roitstein was a colleague. That was 30+ years ago. Lloyd is now the President of the Council and its spokesman through this tragedy.

So remind me, dear readers, when I complain that it's too hot, or drivers suck, or my team didn't win, that there are real problems out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home