Thursday, October 05, 2006

No, thanks, the stress entree was enough, I don't want any for dessert.

Oh, did I spell dessert right? I have a problem with that word. And exsist, which is really exist. I finally learned how to spell dessert (instead of desert). Strawberry shortcake. Two Ss. Dessert.

Monday --
Mr. W -- Just got out.
Me -- Of?
Mr. W -- The doctor.
Me -- And?
Mr. W -- Surgery.
Me -- When?
Mr. W -- Tomorrow
Me -- Yikes!
Have you even known me to be less verbose? So...

Tuesday --

Surgery
Dr. -- Well, it was a little more complicated than we thought.
Me -- Yeah. That always seems to happen.
Dr. -- Let me explain. (insert teacher sounds from Charlie Brown TV shows)
Me -- Uh-huh.
Dr. -- So then...(insert teacher sounds from Charlie Brown TV shows)
Me -- Really?
Dr. -- We think that...(insert Stephen Wright reading A Brief History Of Time)
Me -- Okay
Dr. -- You can see him in a few minutes.

Mr. W -- They're giving me Percodan.
Nurse -- He pulled off his sensors. We thought he was dead.
Me -- No. (fingering the card from his life insurance agent I'd stashed in my pocket)

Wednesday --
Me -- How are you?
Bundle #3 -- (gasp, boo hoo) They're sending me...my kidneys...sick...

Hickory --

Fetch Bundle of Joy #3 to bring her to the city where the doctors KNOW something. She's fine. Meds. Rest. Tests later, but for now fine.

Thursday --
Boss -- When can I expect to have that report?
Me -- Well it's like this...
Boss -- When can I expect to have that report?
Me -- Okay, see here's what happened...
Boss -- When can I
Me -- OKAY! Next Thursday?
Boss -- Are we negotiating?
Me -- Always. (with a really lousy Al Pacino voice)
Boss -- Fine. Monday.
Me -- Wednesday.
Boss -- Monday.
Me -- Tuesday?
Boss -- Monday.

Happy Friday Eve, y'all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get all 7 ConvergeSouth dinners organized and change the reservation numbers yet AND get the lunch count upped AND get breakfast delivery assured? You're not busy this week, are you?

October 05, 2006 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post.

October 06, 2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hey, hey, looka there, jw. Looks like you got your wish.

Hope your weekend goes MUCH better!

October 06, 2006 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home