Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Okay, here's what happened.

I commented on Brenda B's blog. Mistake one.

I was anonymous because I had cleaned out cookies and didn't notice my info wasn't included. Mistake two.

THEN...Oh.Dear.God.Help me. I went back to see if there was any response. Of course there was. Mistake three.

I let it bother me. Mistake four.

I could go on and on but I'll let you see for yourself... This is me -->


Oct. 29, 2006 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
" I believe now with the evidence Jerry Bledsoe has presented..."

Is this the information the novelist Jerry Bledsoe is writing in the paper that bills
itself "All the Rumors Fit to Print?"
Permanent Link

Oct. 30, 2006 - Untitled Comment
Posted
by BrendaFayBowers
Sorry No-Name but Jerry Bledsoe is known as an
investigative true-crime author and former reporter. He doesn’t write fiction.
But if you are one of those who choose to remain ignorant of the facts
concerning the GPD( and on a larger scale the whole of Greensboro/Guilford
politics) please don’t let me sway you. In fact I would advise you not to even
attempt to understand what I am saying because it is I am afraid simply beyond
your abilities.
Oh yes, thank you for stopping by my site. Visitors are
always welcome and comments are always given due consideration. Sincerely, BB
Okay.

Let's take the statement "But if you are one of those who choose to remain ignorant of the facts concerning the GPD( and on a larger scale the whole of Greensboro/Guilford politics) ..." Can I get a witness? Please? Who out there wants to accuse me of being ignorant of GREENSBORO politics? Now, granted, due to mistake two, she didn't know who was writing the comment. But still. To go around calling people ignorant... That's uncalled for.

We've discussed civility in blogs before. While I can understand people's frustration at times, my comment did not warrant being called ignorant.

Nope, I don't choose to remain ignorant. In fact, I know quite a bit about what's going on, not only in this case but in many facets of Greensboro politics. I know a number of FACTS, something that has gotten lost amid the speculation, gossip, and innuendo.

If you are wondering why the "officials" remain so closed mouth, I would say that given the attention speculation and rumor mongering has gotten, this community has no clue what to do with the truth. In other words, you want the truth? You can't handle the truth.

And I won't be making a mistake five.

7 Comments:

Blogger Roch101 said...

"You can't handle the truth."

For real? That seems like an about-face for you, JW. No chance that the rumors and speculation are the result of the people who know the facts not being forthcoming with information? The inevitable speculation has now become justification for continued secrecy? That's convenient.

October 31, 2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger jw said...

No. My problem is that people are out there speculating and using that speculation as FACT! I want the truth out, and quickly, but we've got folks out there are who substituting rumor for fact.

THEY don't want the truth to come out because it doesn't support their conclusion. So they continue to go on their merry way thinking that because somebody said that somebody heard that something maybe might could have happened, and oh, by the way, you know where there's smoke there's fire...It MUST be true.

Roch, I was with the group that called for the FACTS early on. I'm not backing away from that one bit. Let's get the FACTS out there as soon as we can and put an end to all this gossip and speculating.

October 31, 2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Darkmoon said...

I'm still caught on the Jerry Bledsoe doesn't write fiction part.

He doesn't? Man... Could have fooled me when he's written books in the fiction category.

Anyone could have looked that up. The middle part of the comment is interesting since I have a sneaking suspicion that you've been surrounded by Greensboro/Guilford politics a whole lot longer than Brenda has. Oh wait, she doesn't even involve herself in it. She just critiques everything and "yes mans" to the Rhino Times. I don't think there's ever been a disagreement with the Rhino Times yet.

October 31, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger jw said...

Yeah, Ben. I've done a few things around here in politics.

October 31, 2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an easier way: when you tell her the truth, she bans your IP address from her "blog."

Let's talk about discourse, eh?

October 31, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Sandy Carmany said...

jw,
I too laughed aloud when I read BB's comment about you not being in the know politically. How about your founding membership in the "Southwest Mafia" and numerous other political campaigns through the years, not to mention your dedicated service on a number of city boards and commissions. Give me a break!

I very much appreciate your call for discussion on the Wray issue to be based on FACT, not speculation. I'm utterly amazed at some of the "conspiracy theories" and giant leaps of (non)logic that some people are making to justify their preconceived conclusions. I'd be laughing if these speculations weren't so ridiculous and enormously damaging to our community. I totally agree that we/the city should get the FACTS out there as soon as we legally can.

November 01, 2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Ooh, I feel so sorry for you, jw! One of my top five rules in blogging is never, ever, ever respond to Brenda B. Ever. Anywhere. I hope your headache has subsided by now.

Blogger won't accept my comment under "Other," I knew I made the right decision in leaving them.

November 04, 2006 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home