Friday, July 25, 2008

I am so naive.

I really thought, when it came right down to it, the School Board would make a deliberate, measured decision.

I was wrong. Again.

From the Charlotte Observer:

“Duncan, the board chair, said before the meeting that both
finalists made a good impression, but “there is a legitimate
compare-and-contrast to their backgrounds.” Prince, the 2007 N.C. superintendent of the year, is a lifelong educator, but has never run a large urban district.”

On the other hand, Green has never been an educator nor has he run a large urban district.

I wish that the Guilford County School Board could understand what’s at stake here. This seems incredibly risky to me. It appears he was hired on the strength of his ability to inspire people around him. So? He’s a good cheerleader. I’m not sure that’s enough.

We’re gambling our children on this and that is not a gamble I’m willing to take. Are you?

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home